The notJust Startup Challenge is coming to an end but for some of the startups started during the previous 7 weeks, this is just the beginning.
We are closing the notJust Startup Challenge with a Demo Day on 12th August.
I want to personally invite everyone who worked on a project during the last 7 weeks to apply and present your project to the world.
How to apply
You will not have to present live, so that's already easier.
All you have to do, is:
- prepare your pitch and slides
- record your presentation on camera. Try to have both you and the slides on screen.
- upload the presentation on youtube. You can make the video unlisted.
- fill in the application form, and we will review your application.
- If the presentation follows the guidelines, your video will be played live at Demo day on Youtube and will enter the competition
Our community will vote for the best startup and the prizes for the top 3 startups is:
- 1st place: $1000
- 2nd place: $500
- 3rd place: $250
Also, all the winners will get a 1 hour free consultation with Vadim Savin.
Deadline for the applications is 10th August.
What is the secret to a good pitch
The four most important qualities of a good pitch are:
- Clarity - the presentation is clearly and simply presented.
- Excitement - the opportunity is compelling; it demands listeners pay attention.
- Informative - it teaches listeners something they did not know.
- Memorable - your story stays with the audience; later they can recall who you are and what you do.
Take into consideration that most people will remember maximum 3-4 things about your startup and that’s why it is so important to be super clear and specific.
What you are doing and why?
The Problem You Are Solving
Describe the problem you are solving but try to be concise and get into the meat faster.
The Product and the Customer
What you are building and for whom?
Explain how will you make money
TAM (Total Addressable Market)
If you are launched, share some growth stats
Explain briefly what did you manage to do during the last 7 weeks.
If you are not launched yet, explain the next steps you planned in order to launch your product.
Briefly introduce your team if you have one.
This is your chance to remind the audience the 3-4 important things to remember about you.
After you have structured what you want to talk, and only after that, it’s time to prepare some slides. The slides accompany and enhance your story, but should never dominate. Please remember that an audience cannot read a slide AND listen to you simultaneously. If you force them to do so, they will probably read the slide and ignore you. Slides have to be dead simple to glance at and understand.
Now it is your turn
After you prepare the pitch, slides and have recorded it, submit your application to be enroll in the pitching competition.Submit your pitch here
I wish you good luck and can’t wait to see what you have been building for the last 7 weeks.