This November, notJust Hack is returning bigger and bolder! 🎉
Challenge yourself to build a mobile app from scratch in just 3 days and compete for the grand prize:
✨ A brand new MacBook Air M2 ✨
Sign up, and let's Hack together 👇
Use this opportunity to:
- Build the app that you always wanted to
- Challenge yourself to see what you can accomplish in just 3 days
- Learn a new technology, framework, tool
- Join a community of motivated developers
- Compete for amazing prizes
We promise 3 days full of fun activities, learnings and hard work.
"The best way to learn something new is to build a real project with it."
💡 The Theme: Local Community Support
Apps connecting local businesses to customers or promoting local events
🥇 Grand prize: MacBook Air M2
🥈 The Full Stack Mobile Developer Ultimate package
🥉 $500 from IBM StepZen
9-16 November: Theme voting
Vote for the Theme of this year’s edition here.
17th November: Theme announcement
The theme that received the most votes will be announced 3 days before the Hackathon starts.
During the weekend, you can brainstorm ideas that you would like to build.
20 - 22 November: Hackathon
Roll your sleeves and start building 🧑💻
24th November: Demo day
The best projects will present their result during the Demo Day.
We will end it by announcing the best project and the winner of the MacBook Air M2 🎉
On 24th November we will host the Demo Day on our YouTube channel. The best projects will showcase their results and compete for the grand prize.
To participate at the demo day, you will have to submit a 2 minute long video presentation of your project together with a link to the GitHub repository. The submissions that follow the requirements will be played at the Demo Day, on 24th November, and our juries will vote for the best ones.
For the video presentation, we recommend following this structure:
- (10s) Introduce yourself and the project in one sentence
- (10s) Talk about the problem. Why is there a need for your application.
- (30s) Talk about the solution. How are you planning to solve this problem. Here, you have the opportunity to show your vision for the project. You definitely won’t manage to build everything in just 3 days, but it’s important to visualise how the solution will look in the end.
- (1 min) Demo. Show us the main functionalities of your application. Even if not everything is perfect.
- (10 sec) What are your next steps?
❗ The video should be maximum 2 minutes. In order to give everyone the possibility to present, we will stop the video presentations at 2 minutes.
The Deadline to submit your project: 22nd November, 11:59 PM GMTSubmit your project for the Demo Day
🧑⚖️ Evaluation criteria
All projects will be judged by our juries.
The criteria will be:
- The hackathon theme: Is the project related to the hackathon theme
- The idea: The usefulness of the project in real-world
- UI/UX: Keep it simple and consistent. There is not enough time to invest in sophisticated UIs and animations. The focus should be on simplicity, usability, and overall look of the application.
- Realisation: The completeness and complexity of your project will be evaluated here. We recommend focusing on having the most critical features "workable" first.
- Presentation: Your presentation skills
- The project should be a Mobile Application build with any tools/technologies/frameworks you know best
- The project should be started during the Hackathon. We will look at the GitHub history to make sure the projects are started and build during the hackathon. Pro tip: commit and push often.
- You can work alone, or in teams of maximum 3 people
Anti-requirements, or what we don’t expect:
- You don’t have to have a finished product. Show us the vision and the progress you managed to have during the hackathon. As little as it is, it’s worth a shot.
- You don’t have to be a PRO to put together a small proof of concept. Look at it as a learning opportunity.
🆘 Need help?
Join our discord channel and get help from other community members. Building together is more fun 🤗
Feedback from our previous events
Sharing is caring 🙌
If you are excited about this event, help your network discover it as well. Invite your friends and learn together. It's more effective and also fun to learn together.Share on Twitter 🐦 Share on LinkedIn 🧑💼
Thanks for all your support 🙏